We all have people who we contact more regularly than others. So make your life just a little bit easier by setting up your favourite contacts on your smartphone. Making these contacts easier to find will save you time.
Set up favourites on Android
The best way to add contacts to your favourites on Android is through the contacts app. This will let you add your Gmail and other contacts, even if you don't have their phone number.
1. Tap the Contacts app.
2. Find and tap the contact you want to add.
3. Tap on the star icon to add this contact to your favourites.
4. Open the Favourites tab and you should see all the contacts you've added.
To remove a contact from your favourites list tap the 'Phone' app, then tap 'Favourites', the letter 'i', and the Star icon.
To reorder your favourites tap the 'Phone' app, then tap 'Favourites', 'More' or the 3 dots icon, and finally 'Reorder Favourites'. On the next screen you can tap, hold and drag your contacts to reorder them. Then tap 'Done'.
Set up favourites on iPhone
You can make any contact in your iPhone address book a favourite. Here's how:
1. Tap the phone icon on your home screen.
2. Tap 'Favourites' at the bottom left.
3. Tap the + symbol at the top right to open your contacts.
4. To find the contact you want either scroll down, jump to a letter on the right hand side, or start typing their name in the search box.
5. When you've found their name, tap it to open a menu.
6. Tap the down arrow next to 'Call' and select which telephone number you want to use.
7. Alternatively, if you always message, email or video call this person, you can make one of those your preferred option.
Once you've set up your favourites, simply tap the phone icon and select 'Favourites' at the bottom of the screen. Then just tap the person's name to call them.
If you chose message, email or video in step 7 above, you will see that option in your Favourites menu. Simply tap to start writing a text, composing an email, or to activate a video call.
To delete a favourite swipe left and tap 'Delete' or 'Remove'. The contact will no longer appear in your favourites, but don't worry, the contact will still be in your main address book.
To reorder your favourites tap 'Edit' and then press and hold the 3 horizontal lines, drag to the new position and release. Then tap 'Done'.
Set up speed dial on Windows Phone
To get to the numbers you call most often, simply add them to the speed dial tab. Here's how:
1. Tap the 'Phone' app.
2. Select 'Speed dial' and tap the + icon or the 'Add' button.
3. Select a contact.
4. If you have more than one number for a contact, choose the one you want to add to speed dial.
To remove a contact from speed dial, tap and hold that contact and then tap 'Delete'.